Posted on: 15 December 2017
Your skin is your body's largest organ. It's also the organ that gets the most exposure to the elements and other daily hazards. You need to take care of your skin just like you would take care the rest of your body. The biggest way to care for your skin is to keep it hydrated.
The best way to keep your skin hydrated is to prevent it from dehydrating in the first place. In order to prevent dehydration follow these simple tips:
- Stop taking long, hot showers. In fact, you should limit your showers to 5 - 10 minutes and keep the showers lukewarm at best. Hot water causes the skin to swell, get red in color, and itch, This will prevent the skin from producing its natural oils.
- Drink plenty of water. When you're hydrated from the inside, you will find that the results show on the outside as well.
- Use a humidifier. Using a humidifier will ensure that the air around you and your skin isn't dry. If the air around you is dry, it can affect your skin.
- Use sunscreen! Probably the most important advice when it comes to keeping your skin moisturized and healthy. Sunburns dry your skin out worse than taking hot showers every day. Furthermore, not wearing sunscreen can lead to skin cancer and a number of other dangers. Use sunscreen and use a moisturizer with a similar SPF rating as your sunscreen.
- Apply moisturizer Every. Single. Day. Not only is it beneficial to keeping your skin youthful and healthy, but spa bath sets for sale smell fantastic (or unscented if you prefer)) and work great as gift for women and men
The Right Moisturizer
Most people can see the benefits of moisturizer for themselves, but studies also prove its effectiveness. Out of 122 women aged 28, the ones with dry skin showed a 52% significant increase in wrinkles by the age of 36. Out of the women with moisturized skin, only 22% showed an increase in wrinkles. Moisturizing also reduces the chances of problematic skin conditions and keeps your skin soft. So what is it about moisturizer that produces these results? Moisturizers contain a variety of different vitamins, proteins, and enzymes that create a hydrating effect.
Look for moisturizers with these vitamins:
- Vitamin A- eliminates and prevents wrinkles
- Vitamin B3- reduces redness
- Vitamin C- eliminates spots and other effects of aging
- Vitamin E- this is the vitamin you want specifically for extra moisture
- Vitamin K- eliminates circles under the eyes
Contact a company like Brian Stranding Post for more information and assistance.Share